Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App updates won't update iPad

As I normally do each week I open the App store and click updates.

Today it shows 10.

I clicked on Update All

The wheels spin a little and the word Update reappears.

If I do individually they spin and instantly return to saying Update.

There is nothing I can do to get them to update.

Any clues?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Magic Mouse, Wireless keyboard

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:57 AM

iTunes store is down at the moment https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

6 replies

Oct 13, 2015 11:33 AM in response to Rob Snow

I Have the same issue on both iPad and iPhone but for 3 days now. It's annoying because downloading new apps does not work either. Had the same issue about a month ago and blamed it on having iOS 9 beta. Someone in a forum suggested logging out of my AppStore iTunes account, reset the iPad by rebooting and logging back into my account. That seemed to have resolved the issue.

This time it doesn't work though. iPhone even refused to let me log in telling me iTunes Store was having issues, iPad did log me in but did not resolve the download issue.

Safari also has issues logging me into the community here so I had to switch to Chrome which is a drag because it will not type properly in this window. I apologize beforehand for annoying typos. I hope they fixed it soon, whatever it is, 3 days is a long time.

Oct 13, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Rob Snow

I've also noticed this behavior and it doesn't seem related to the present iTunes store problem.

When I tap Update in the App Store I have been seeing the circle appear then return to the Update button. When this happens I tap and hold for a few seconds on the Update button. When I release the update proceeds normally. Not sure if this is a fix or my imagination though.

Oct 13, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Ralph9430

i also tried that. Sometimes it will show that it is starting to download and after 20 minutes of hardly moving at all it defaults back to the update icon. It's maddening. At first I thought it was my wifi that was being slow but it functions perfectly with other apps or games so it's obviously the AppStore being obnoxious. The annoying thing is that when an app appears to be updating but gets stuck, I can't use it at all, can't delete it either. Have to wait till the App Store side decides to call it a quit and go back to default update icon.

REading ng the forum I see that more people are having this issue now. Let's hope it gets solved quickly. Apologize for the typos but the Chrome window doesn't let me go back and correct them. I guess it's a JavaScript issue.

App updates won't update iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.