Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.0.2 update touch screen non responsive

I updated to 9.0.2 on Friday of last week. Suddenly the touch screen is non-responsive. I cannot even slide to unlock. Several "two button" resets did not work. I plugged it into itunes to try a restore, but of course itunes expects me to unlock the phone via a pass code to work. Since i cannot use the touch screen to type in the unlock code, i cannot restore from Itunes.

Finally decided to try holding the home button as I plugged the phone into my laptop. This put it in "restore" mode. I tunes downloaded the latest version and did a reset/restore of the phone. Phone is not at the new-phone welcome screen...but surprise....the touch screen is still not responding. Phone is completely useless with no apparent way to back out of the 9.0.2 update to resolve it.

I have a pretty paper-weight. As you cannot even ANSWER an incoming call without using the touch-screen.

Apple: When are you going to publicly acknowledge the problem, and announce a fix?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:55 AM

1 reply

9.0.2 update touch screen non responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.