Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My App Store login just clocks and doesn't sign in!

Hi,

I just purchased a used Mac Book Pro, so want to install the latest updates, including El Capitan.

When I enter my Apple ID and password, the login screen just clocks and clocks and won't sign me in. I also cannot connect to iTunes from this MacBook. I DID get an error the first and second times I entered my password (fat fingers), but typed it correctly the third time.

My Apple ID is used on several other devices, so I really don't want to reset it. Is there a way to get it "unstuck" on this Mac Book?

It accesses the internet fine, so I know it's not a connectivity issue.

The only posts I found on this were from 2012, so looking for more current fixes!

Thanks in advance!

-Sue

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:59 AM

Hi Sue, there appears to be a problem with the servers at the moment. Error 503 and plist errors for me

2 replies

Help! My App Store login just clocks and doesn't sign in!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.