Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto is missing from new macbook pro with retina

I recently sold my MacBook Pro and replaced it with a new MacBook Pro with Retina I no longer have iPhoto. I have updated with El Capitan. Can anyone let me know if I am able to install iPhoto?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:52 AM

New Macs will come with the new Photos.app instead of iPhoto. The Photos.app can open your iPhoto Libraries.

If you prefer iphoto, restore it from the backup of your old Mac (if you have been using iPhoto 9.61 on the old Mac), or try to install iPhoto from the Purchases tab of the Mac AppStore. If iPhoto is showing among your Purchases, you should be able to install it this way.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 11:52 AM in response to walidachikzai

New Macs will come with the new Photos.app instead of iPhoto. The Photos.app can open your iPhoto Libraries.

If you prefer iphoto, restore it from the backup of your old Mac (if you have been using iPhoto 9.61 on the old Mac), or try to install iPhoto from the Purchases tab of the Mac AppStore. If iPhoto is showing among your Purchases, you should be able to install it this way.

iPhoto is missing from new macbook pro with retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.