Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ios 9.0.2 - WORST update ever!

Updating to ios 9.0.2 has been the single WORST experience on my iPhone 6+ or any iPhone for that matter!

1. Apps fail to update. When I tap the "update" or "update all" button, it just rolls around and goes back to the original "update" status!

2. When I restart my phone, my "settings" and other apps randomly open in the background when my phone restarts!

3. Apps are crashing left, right and centre!

4. Reminders are failing to be sent as before!

5. Push notifications are failing to be sent as before!

6. Phone freezes much more than it use to!

Why the **** does an "ios update" these days always mean incredible annoyance and endless frustration? It's like my phone has been hijacked by all these useless bugs and it's not even funny. Is someone seriously getting intoxicated at Apple and screwing things up with each ios update? What the **** is going on???

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:35 AM

105 replies

Sep 25, 2017 5:05 AM in response to JayCP

I am with you Jay. This update is a piece of crap. messenger freezes, My notification window just disappears (just a blank screen) unless I do a hard reset on my phone. Occasionally my phone screen goes into half-height mode where the top is empty and the apps only show on the bottom half and you can't swipe or do anything to restore it without a hard reset. My iOS runs so much slower. Its barely responsive. sometimes I have to wait 5 or 6 seconds for the phone to respond to an app touch. Really hate this update.

Oct 13, 2015 2:54 PM in response to JayCP

My 9.0.2 issues - When connected to wifi it takes FOREVER to load anything in any browser....and sometimes it doesnt load but gives an error. Also is anyone else having problems with Badge App Icons? For instance, I have mine set to "on" for Facebook and the numbers never show up. I have to open the Facebook app to see if I have any notifications....and this is happening with random apps.

I have an ipad mini also...and it wasn't having these problems until i updated it! And it's useless without wifi lol

My husband has the same phone as me...hasn't updated and doesnt have any of these problems.

FYI I went to apple and got a replacement phone (and set it up as a new phone) and the replacement phone is doing the same things.....it has to be the update.

Do we know when a fix is going to be available yet?

Oct 13, 2015 5:08 PM in response to JayCP

JayCP wrote:

I'll reset my phone only as a very last resort, and I've read of people going through all that trouble only to end up with the same bugs.

A last resort? Really? What are you talking about? You realize that resetting simply involves holding down the power and home buttons until it reboots, right? No data is lost.

Moreover, why should a full reset even be necessary to try and stop a bl**dy "update" from screwing up my phone??

Because restoring it as a new device is a standard troubleshooting step after you've tried everything else...which to me, doesn't sound like you've done much of anything. It seems you just want someone to hold your hand without leveraging any self-reliance of your own. If you're not willing to help yourself then why should we?

Oct 13, 2015 5:47 PM in response to JayCP

Apple isn't going to fix it. Because there's nothing to fix. If you want to fix the problems follow basic troubleshooting steps. If you aren't willing to do that then just live with it as it is, or replace it with a device that you think will work better. I have no problems with my iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2, and neither do millions of other users. The problem is your device, and you will have to diagnose and fix it, or take it to an Apple store where they will do it for you, using the same steps that you could use.

Oct 13, 2015 7:35 PM in response to JayCP

JayCP wrote:

I didn't ask for your personal help buddy, so hold it back if you so choose. I (and many others) just need Apple to fix this ruddy mess.

By you coming here and posting on these forums, you are asking for help. There's nothing for Apple to fix. The issue is with YOUR PHONE..not the update. import all your photos, videos, songs, etc... to your computer, restore the phone and setup it up as a new device, then be on your way. If you can't accept that responsibility, then stop wasting your time.

Oct 13, 2015 7:58 PM in response to Templeton Peck

I have the app update issue as well. I think it isn't stuck but very, very, very slow. This affects both my iPad mini4 and iPhone 6+. I have reset the devices, rebooted my router, done an Internet speed test (95/95 Frontier FIOS with 802.11ac), etc.

I think the original poster was resisting doing a destructive change like reseting to factory and restoring. I agree, it is unaccepable to consider that as other than last resort. Both my devices are 128GB and both are nearly full. It takes me a long time to get all the content on there and how I want it despite the restore.

My iPhone was working fine with 9.0.1.

My Internet searches have turned up a smattering of reports of stuck/slow app store updates, with no useful suggestions at this point.

-john

Apple ios 9.0.2 - WORST update ever!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.