Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What about bringing back iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 4S?

So, as an iPhone 4S user, i've only experienced a bunch of issues since iOS 8 first came out. Just lag and decreasing performance. After four years, I finally had to replace the battery... and I still have to charge my iPhone twice a day (and no, I am not a heavy user). After all, I think there are only a few of us who are stilll using an iPhone 4S, so why not letting us install iOS 7.1.2 again, as it almost has the same features as iOS 9 or iOS 8 for us. Of course, there would be some apps we should forget about as they are designed for newer iOS, but I prefer to use my iPhone fluidly the same way I did for the first three years. iOS 9 promised to fix these problems, but sometimes I still have to wait for a minute till my phone opens a chat. That's not fixing the problem. So, it would be great if Apple started signing again iOS 7.1.2 for the 4S (maybe iPhone 5 too) so we could still use our iPhone for some more time.

(My iPhone 4S is the 16 GB version, 12 GB usable, and only 6 GB used, because if I use only one GB more, my phone explodes hahaha)

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:29 AM

1 reply

What about bringing back iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.