Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps

Apple Iphone 6

IOS 9.0.2

Problem 1: Apple Maps keeps directing me and redirecting me to Toll Roads. If I manually direct myself towards a quick route that does not require Toll Road, like the Service Road that runs along side the highway, it cannot deduce the more "Common Sense" route. Instead of getting back onto the highway and go about 1/2 a mile further than where I need, just to U-turn back onto the highway and exit off where I need to be. I can simply take the overpass across the highway using a well known road, into the parking area where I want to be. I would have to be traveling in a direction that 100% excluded, no need for highway/Toll Roads, in order for it to give me correct directions.

Troubleshooting steps: I've made this travel several times, using both Apple Maps and running Waze and Google Maps, interchangeably to see how they fair. All Maps except Apple Maps, will direct me without having to get back onto the highway. Apple Maps is missing major features: Toll Road (Avoid On/Off), Freeway (Avoid On/Off), Routing Style (Fastest/Shortest choice). Choice is taken away from us.

Apple Maps-OTHER, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 8:00 PM

Apple,

Features that aren't keeping up with the standard and moreover that aren't solving that issues that we all need solved are just posturing and you like us to pay for that?! I don't use tolls so half the time Apple maps becomes redundant or messy. I use Google maps instead. Always gunning for the promise Apple offers, but that gets tiring quickly.

Either release more updates to maps to keep us loyal or don't release sub-par solutions. I'd rather your position be, hey we know you want it and we have it in the pipeline.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2015 8:00 PM in response to XerXeS1980

Apple,

Features that aren't keeping up with the standard and moreover that aren't solving that issues that we all need solved are just posturing and you like us to pay for that?! I don't use tolls so half the time Apple maps becomes redundant or messy. I use Google maps instead. Always gunning for the promise Apple offers, but that gets tiring quickly.

Either release more updates to maps to keep us loyal or don't release sub-par solutions. I'd rather your position be, hey we know you want it and we have it in the pipeline.

Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.