Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

local password change problem

I have an admin account on the computers I support. We have these computers attached to our domain with the obligatory 90 day password change requirement. The issue I have at times is my admin account needs its password changed but it does not prompt my to do this when I ssh into the computer. All it does is prompt me 3x for the password and not allow me to log in. What I have to do to fix this is to go to the computer and go to the login window and login as my admin account. This will prompt me for a new password and I can continue on. Can I change this to prompt me to change my password d on a ssh login attempt? Would certainly be easier than requiring to pay a visit to the computer in question. I see our jamf user account gets prompted to change password on a ssh login. I think this happens like this on most Mac OS's not just mavericks.

Thanks in advance.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:09 PM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2015 6:20 AM in response to BobHarris

Thanks, thats a pretty cool solution. Will certainly propagate this to my supported computers! The only possible glitch would be if I needed to ssh from another computer to a supported device. Most times I am at my desk however.

Oct 15, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Community User

Billatwork wrote:

Thanks, thats a pretty cool solution. Will certainly propagate this to my supported computers! The only possible glitch would be if I needed to ssh from another computer to a supported device. Most times I am at my desk however.

Then ssh to your desk Mac, and then issue an ssh from there. I assume that you will not allow your own password to expire on you.

Then again, I guess if there is a key-logger on the borrowed system you are using, that might capture the password for your system. If that is not a worry, then just use the ssh and ssh again.

local password change problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.