Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging iOS 9.0.2 avatar pic next to messages

I Just updated my phone to the iOS 9.0.2 update at the same exact time as my two sisters And we all have an iPhone 6. After the update was complete both of them could now see avatar pics next to messages when they opened their messages , but I can't. Why can't I see pics next to people's names and they can ?? Did anyone else experience this?? Does anyone know how to turn this feature on or off ??

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:59 AM

11 replies

Oct 13, 2015 1:13 PM in response to razmee209

i apolize for not being clear with my question.

But my contacts already had pics assigned to them And regardless they still don't show up next to their names in messages.

Things ive already tried

-turning the phone on and off

-deleting pics from people's contacts and reassigning them pics.

-Turning iMessage on and off.

When I open my messaging app there are no avatar pics next to names at all, not even a blank circle.

Oct 13, 2015 2:15 PM in response to razmee209

When I bought the iPhone six it did not have that feature, and I never updated my phone before.

And it was the same with my two sisters. The first time we ever updated our phones was for the iPhone iOS 9.0.2 update.

none of us had the feature before, and after the update only they got the feature and not me.

Below are two pics.

The first one is how my messages look without an avatar pic next to the names in messages

tthe second pic is how my sisters messages look with an avatar pic next to the names in messages

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 13, 2015 2:18 PM in response to B.doll

Sorry if you bought an iphone 6 or 6S you would've had this feature on the phone already as it came out in IOS 8.

Are you sure you have an iphone 6. Go to settings - general - about - model number - let me know what it is.

IF you had an older phone the only time you would see the pic profile is if you were in a group imessage.

Oct 13, 2015 2:40 PM in response to razmee209

I am 100% sure I have an iPhone 6. Me and my two sisters all bought the iPhone 6 from an Apple Store at the same time.

BUT I found the solution to my problem! Yay ! Lol

my phone was on ZOOM And when I switched it back to the STANDARD view it now shows the avatar pics in messages 😀

thanks for trying to help tho !! 🙂

Oct 13, 2015 2:41 PM in response to B.doll

B.doll wrote:

I am 100% sure I have an iPhone 6. Me and my two sisters all bought the iPhone 6 from an Apple Store at the same time.

BUT I found the solution to my problem! Yay ! Lol

my phone was on ZOOM And when I switched it back to the STANDARD view it now shows the avatar pics in messages 😀

thanks for trying to help tho !! 🙂

LOL... We would've been here all day looking into that, didn't know zoom view would do that.

glad you got it sorted out.

Messaging iOS 9.0.2 avatar pic next to messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.