Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No image on FaceTime

When using face time, I can see and hear the other person, but they can only hear me. This occurs with different people, so it must be something to do with my iPad. It used to work OK. The other person gets a message "trying to connect".

Tried rebooting with no effect. Tried rebooting the router also, but no effect. I have tried to delete the FaceTime app with the intention of reloading it, but it will not allow me to delete it. There are no camera apps open when I am face timing.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Peter

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:54 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 4:27 PM in response to Wingcowyn

This does not seem to be a very uncommon occurrence, having seen several references to it in various forums. My iPad seems to work reasonably OK between two BT routers, but not with my Talktalk one. However, it used to work OK with the Talktalk one, so I don't think that it is simply a matter of the router.

I have checked the iPad settings to do with face time, and all seem to be set correctly.

Anyone else with any ideas.

Peter

No image on FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.