Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Additional restrictions needed for Music App

Currently, even with the "block music with Explicit content" restriction selected, iOS users are able to access a lot of sexually suggestive material (in the form of music videos, album art, and sexual songs that don't use "swear words") using the Music app (on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch). There is no way to block the Music App so this is a big problem for those wanting to restrict access to such material. This is available with or without an Apple Music subscription (with the exception of music videos which are only available with an Apple Music subscription). There are even explicit sexual/orgasmic music kids can access on the Apple Radio station that include frontal nudity in the album art, but are not labeld "Explicit" for whatever reason.

I have submitted feature requests to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch groups, but this continues to be an ongoing problem. Many parents may not be aware of this issue. Is anyone else concerned with this? Please submit a feature request to Apple as well. Apple, please correct this oversight--you've done a good job allowing content to be restricted when desired by the user, but this is a clear exception. Either allow wholesale blocking of the music app or allow radio and music videos/album art to be blocked as desired by users. Until this comes I can not continue purchasing products running iOS as I wish to restrict this content.

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:21 PM

jpwiega wrote:

Is anyone else concerned with this?

No.

3 replies

Oct 24, 2015 9:35 PM in response to jpwiega

jpwiega wrote:

Apple, please correct this oversight--you've done a good job allowing content to be restricted when desired by the user, but this is a clear exception. Either allow wholesale blocking of the music app or allow radio and music videos/album art to be blocked as desired by users. Until this comes I can not continue purchasing products running iOS as I wish to restrict this content.

You are not addressing Apple here, this is a user to user support forum, so talking to Apple here does you no good. You mention providing feature requests to several "groups" but I'm not sure if that means you posted in other forums, or if you did the correct thing and post on their feedback page. That page is where you need to post to get Apple's attention. Go to http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate subject area.

Additional restrictions needed for Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.