Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1 for El Capitan fixes Theater & iCloud BUT...

I along with all the other early adopters of El Capitan have been struggling with the inability to use Theater and iCloud with iMovie for the last few weeks.

The new iMovie 10.1 that was released today (10/13/15) fixes all of those issues.

But, BEWARE. The upgrade to this new latest version of iMovie messes with the Event and Year structure again. It took all my year based events and lumped them back into one big Event under the name of my library.

Ugh.

Good luck everyone!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mid 2012 2.7 GHz i7 16GB 750GB

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:06 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Josue.Alvarez

Very good that they fixed the Theater/iCloud drive issue.

Another thing I noticed with the 10.1 version of iMovie is that it is now possible to export/share videos in 4K and 60fps.

Downside I found is that it seems you can only export in the higher (60fps) framerate on NTSC and it is not possible to export anything higher than 25fps on PAL. Hope that they will fix that soon. Youtube for example accepts 50fps and 60fps.

iMovie 10.1 for El Capitan fixes Theater & iCloud BUT...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.