Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With update i lost the use of photoshop. Help.

Hello. If there is a better place to post, please let me know. id really like to get some help with this.

So, i had to update my OS X in order to update my iTunes for my 6s. I went from snow leopard to Mountain Lion. With the update i lost the use of an old version of photoshop i had on my mid 2010 Mac Mini. I used photoshop a lot, but for only one reason, to stitch pictures together, side by side. Thats all i used it for.

Can anyone tell me if there is a lite version of photoshop that will work with Mountain lion? I can't pay $1000 for PS when all i used it for was one thing. If there is no hope for me putting PS on here, is there another program i could use that has the ability to stitch photos together? GIMP was suggested, but that doesnt have the ability to stitch and reviews say its hard to use. Do apple have a basic program that has the ability to stitch anywhere from 2-8 pictures together? I really need this for my hobby and after having PS for the last 4 years, its tough not having it. Thanks, O

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:16 PM

Do apple have a basic program that has the ability to stitch anywhere from 2-8 pictures together?

If you have not already done so, check the AppStore & MacUpdate as well as MacMall.

i lost the use of an old version of photoshop

Perhaps you need to either update or upgrade to meet the requirements of ML.

Can anyone tell me if there is a lite version of photoshop that will work with Mountain lion?

You should contact Adobe Support and/or post in the Adobe Forums since it's their product.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 2:16 PM in response to zowenso

Do apple have a basic program that has the ability to stitch anywhere from 2-8 pictures together?

If you have not already done so, check the AppStore & MacUpdate as well as MacMall.

i lost the use of an old version of photoshop

Perhaps you need to either update or upgrade to meet the requirements of ML.

Can anyone tell me if there is a lite version of photoshop that will work with Mountain lion?

You should contact Adobe Support and/or post in the Adobe Forums since it's their product.

User uploaded file

Oct 13, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Thanks for the response.

So i took a quick look at the App store. So, i can buy that stuff and it will be on my mac mini? Are Macupdate and Macmall websites of their own? Ive never bought anything through the app store to be put on my mac mini and honestly i never even thought about it.

As far as updating ML. I did all the updates, but one keeps giving me an error. Its the iPhoto update and i started a thread and got a response and then he never followed up, maybe you could help me there too?

Update in iPhoto error.

Im not sure what you mean by "upgrade to meet the requirement of ML" If you mean so that photoshop will work, it won't. I talked to apple support about it during getting help with the update for my 6s and phone support told me that PS won't work anymore. When i tried to open it, it says that "PowerPC is no longer supported"

I could ask Adobe i suppose.

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2015 6:25 PM in response to zowenso

zowenso wrote:

Thanks for the response.

So i took a quick look at the App store. So, i can buy that stuff and it will be on my mac mini? CLICKY CLICK---> https://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

Are Macupdate and Macmall websites of their own?

YUP!

As far as updating ML. I did all the updates, but one keeps giving me an error. Its the iPhoto update and i started a thread and got a response and then he never followed up, maybe you could help me there too?

Update in iPhoto error.

Have put in SOS for you. Hopefully an iPhoto expert will help you out.

Im not sure what you mean by "upgrade to meet the requirement of ML" If you mean so that photoshop will work, it won't.

You need to confirm w/Adobe if your current version of Photoshop is compatible w/your current OS.

I could ask Adobe i suppose.

That is your best bet. PS is 3rd party software = Not an Apple product. Adobe knows what is best for THEIR product(s), not Apple. 😉

User uploaded file

With update i lost the use of photoshop. Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.