Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 9.0 has a cookie problem. Cookies won't Delete

When is apple going to , 1.) acknowledge 9.0 has a cookie problem. 2.) Fix the problem. 3.) Stop telling people their is no problem...

I keep deleting cookies and they keep coming back, buy the hundreds.. Places I've never been to.. The cookie settings don't matter, they just keep coming back. Prior to 9.0 I never had a real cookie problem. I'm not doing anything different today than i was doing a year ago.. I don't understand why Apple has gotten so sloppy...

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:47 PM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2015 7:36 AM in response to chuckie puddles

That's odd. Since updating to 9.0, it seems I receive less cookies. I was going to ask if anyone else is experiencing this.

I always hit Reset Safari about 5 times after leaving websites, and recently I read a suggestion to disconnect from the network and hit reset again.

Very OCD, but I notice years ago that it was the only way to clear web data (actual addresses) from a file I found buried somewhere in a System Folder. Not good if you do online banking.

Anyway, now I was wondering if cookies are being deposited in a new place where the Reset Safari feature can't access and delete them.

(Good idea if you're malicious.)

It's a pain, but pulling the ethernet cable or killing your network, and then deleting cookies, seems to work.

Good luck.

Safari 9.0 has a cookie problem. Cookies won't Delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.