Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update iMovie 10.1

Hi

I have updated the iMovie to 10.1 and almost all my projects disappeared.

Anyone that have the same problem? Or is there anyone how knows how to get them back?

BR

Martin

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:02 PM

24 replies

Oct 14, 2015 1:51 PM in response to Martin Sweden No123

I appear to have all my stuff back....I restored the I Movie Library and IMovie Theater ,which had been updated when I converted, back to what I had before I converted. I ran the new IMovie again. There apparently was a clip that it could not read and it asked if I wanted to continue or repair. I chose repair and it went off for a hour doing something and I eventually gave up and quit it. When I then restarted, all my events and projects appeared to be there..... WHO KNOWS what is going on!!!!!!

Oct 15, 2015 3:17 PM in response to simihockey

I believe the people who have had problems all had files, which I movie wanted to update, on an external drive which was not attached. I think my problem was clicking on the update button even though I did not have the external drives that it wanted attached, From some posts, it seems like if you clicked on do later or whatever the option was, that you can still see your events and projects, but I am not sure about this since I did not verify it. In my case I restored the IMovie Library file. It looked like the Events Folder and the Project Folder had not changed. To do what I did, you would need to somehow get back the original IMovie Library file, then run iMovie again either with all the external drives attached, or selecting to update later. If that is not an option, I would call Applecare and talk to the iMovie guy. He would not talk to me because I am running a beta of El Capitan, not the officially released version

Oct 16, 2015 3:06 PM in response to coolspot

I have the same problem. I had no idea there was a new iMovie, and, opened it to continue working on a project I started yesterday.

I got the new opening menu, then, it started updating all of my projects - well over 30. It then crashed about on the 20th project, and, I cannot get ANY of them to work except 1. This version if iMovie is full of bugs as I have been an iMovie user since the first version. How do I restore back to the original version and get my projects back? It has crashed about 10 times now.

Oct 16, 2015 3:37 PM in response to GregVB

I got my libraries back. I had two libraries. Not sure what brought the first one back yesterday, but my second would not come back no matter what. So I right clicked on the iMovie file, then Open Package Contents. I deleted the file CurrentVersion.flexolibrary. Then when I reopened it worked. Let me know if that works for you. iMovie rebuilt that file once it opened.

Oct 18, 2015 7:57 PM in response to Allan Lovett

I had a similar experience. Booted iMovie 10.1 for the first time, without all external drives attached. iMovie wanted to upgrade libraries, and complained that a particular external drive wasn't attached. Then it asked to upgrade a library on the internal drive. I clicked "yes" and iMovie hung.

I've since restored version 10.0.9, and will probably wait for version 10.1.1

[running public release 10.11 on a mid-2009 MBPro, 8GB]

New update iMovie 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.