Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visual Voicemail Unavailable Error Message

My iphone 6 displays a red notification dot over the phone app. now. This dot is to notify me that my Visual Voicemail is Unavailable. When I open the app, the dot displays over the voicemail section where the notification message reads, "Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable".

This notification dot disappears when I turn my mobile data on. The Visual Voicemail seems to work fine when the data is activated and I receive no notification dot, or error message.

The dot only appears when my mobile data is turned off. However, it remains permanently present when the data is turned off and I cannot remove it, unless I re-activate my mobile data.

My issue, is that I'd like this error message to go away completely. My visual voicemail appears to be functioning normally, but I do not want to be permanently notified that my mobile data is off and that Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable with this error message/notification dot.

How can I do this?

Many thanks!!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2, Space Grey

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:49 PM

This is perhaps a feature of the latest iOS update.

My Dad's phone did not have this error message last week. His Visual Voicemail functioned fine.

After updating his software, this error message arrived. His Visual Voicemail is fine and functions as before. However, he now receives this error message whenever his mobile data is de-activated.

Whether this is a glitch with the new software, or an intentional inclusion in the update, I would prefer it if the error message could be removed.

Does anybody know what's happening and if it can be fixed?

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 2:49 PM in response to nick7504

This is perhaps a feature of the latest iOS update.

My Dad's phone did not have this error message last week. His Visual Voicemail functioned fine.

After updating his software, this error message arrived. His Visual Voicemail is fine and functions as before. However, he now receives this error message whenever his mobile data is de-activated.

Whether this is a glitch with the new software, or an intentional inclusion in the update, I would prefer it if the error message could be removed.

Does anybody know what's happening and if it can be fixed?

Thanks.

Visual Voicemail Unavailable Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.