Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 , why is charging port under the mouse ?

I see the new magic mouse 2, why is the charging port underneath the mouse and not at the front/apex/head of the mouse, so that the mouse can still be used , while charging ?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:22 PM

9 replies

Aug 4, 2016 2:15 PM in response to Alysonann

Are you really telling me that you cannot afford to allow 2 minutes of your time to charge your mouse to a point where you can get up to 9 hours service from it. You can make yourself a cup of coffee in that time and go on to do an average day's work. What kind of life do you live? And more important, how many average people need to live like you do.

Mar 2, 2018 12:18 PM in response to Zanaelf

It's a seeming inconvenience, to be sure. But in my case, I had a prefectly functioning Magic Mouse 1. When I decided to upgrade to Magic Mouse 2, I simply turned off the MM 1 and placed it into the box that the MM 2 came in. I've a battery watch-dog app that places the battery charge level in my screen-top menu bar - displays a percentage of battery life left for the MM2, and if I click on it, I get a percentage level for my Magic Trackpad 1.

So, if the MM2 drops too low, I place it on the USB cord and then I either use the trackpad or get the MM1 from is box and use that while the MM2 is charging.

Not a big problem.

But I am trying to get into the habit of plugging in the MM2 each night as I go to bed.

Oct 13, 2015 7:02 PM in response to Zanaelf

Because the only place they could have added the plug was on the sides that your hands grip. The front and back are too thin to accommodate the plug. I assume they thought that feeling the plug would not be desirable. Just guessing.

If this genuinely lasts a month per charge, I don't think turning it on it's side overnight will be a huge deal.

Oct 14, 2015 8:56 AM in response to goobus

goobus wrote:

If this genuinely lasts a month per charge, I don't think turning it on it's side overnight will be a huge deal.

But lasting that long, could lull one into a false sense of security until all of a sudden

it says "charge me" and now work has to stop to charge. Unless, they updated the

driver to warn you like on the iPhone at 20% and 10% left.

(product idea, a dock to park the new mouse on????).

Aug 4, 2016 2:30 PM in response to Alysonann

I'll take the bait like my good friend 7 1... and take part in a Zombie thread, brought back from the dead for seemingly a fruitless reason - you are not asking for help, you are complaining where Apple will never hear you.

"It's pretty ridiculous to think" that Apple would REdesign a mouse based on your criticism, which is ridiculous in and of itself.

Get a different brand of mouse that is not so cool.

Aug 16, 2016 2:49 AM in response to veronicap1920

You will get several weeks from a full charge. You could do that overnight. In more urgent circumstances a couple of minutes is quite enough for several hours. There is no need to increase your break time. Here in the UK, break time is 15 minutes or so, long enough for a few days.

If you are unsure, take it back to an Apple store; the store will test it and tell you if it is functioning properly. There should be no charge for that in an Apple store.

Magic Mouse 2 , why is charging port under the mouse ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.