Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I permanently change the text styles in Pages?

I'm trying to change my text styles in Pages so that for every new document I open, the "Title" formatting is the same, the "Body" formatting is the same, etc. So that I know I have consistency across my documents so long as I use the same text style. Is there a way to do this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:18 PM

Open a blank template. Change the paragraph and character styles to suit your need. Save the this Pages document into Documents, and as part of its name, you might add _tplate.pages. With the document still open, now you can choose File menu ▸ Save as Template… as a new custom template.

There is a setting in Pages Preferences : General to Use Template: — and if you set it to use this newly created template, every launch of Pages will use that template by default, unless you expressly choose File menu ▸ New, or some other specific document name, or double-clicked document icon.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 3:18 PM in response to Leila13h

Open a blank template. Change the paragraph and character styles to suit your need. Save the this Pages document into Documents, and as part of its name, you might add _tplate.pages. With the document still open, now you can choose File menu ▸ Save as Template… as a new custom template.

There is a setting in Pages Preferences : General to Use Template: — and if you set it to use this newly created template, every launch of Pages will use that template by default, unless you expressly choose File menu ▸ New, or some other specific document name, or double-clicked document icon.

Can I permanently change the text styles in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.