Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud on Windows 10 - Verification Problem

Hi All,

I installed iCloud for Windows on my Windows 10 laptop yesterday but I can't use it.

If I launch iCloud and enter my username and password I'm prompted for a verification code because I have two-step authentication enabled. The code comes through to my device but when I type it in it just says "verifying". It doesn't go any further and I get no error message. I left it running last night and 6 hours later it still said the same thing.

I have tried sending the code via text, and direct to the device but doesn't make any difference. Uninstalling and re-installing iCloud makes no difference.

I logged in to my wifes' user account and launched iCloud. Entered her username and password and it works fine. The only difference is that she does NOT have 2-step authentication enabled.

My Apple 2-step works fine for all other Apple related things though.

Anyone have the same issue or know how to resolve it other than disabling 2-step which I don't think should be necessary?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 10:15 PM

since making this post I've spoken to Apple support. They connected to my laptop and I've shown them the issue. They didn't acknowledge that this was a known issue but I was told that one of their colleagues had come across this.

at the moment they said it appears to be a compatibility between the 2 step phase and Windows 10. It's been passed on to their Dev team for further work.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2015 10:15 PM in response to BazingaBacon

since making this post I've spoken to Apple support. They connected to my laptop and I've shown them the issue. They didn't acknowledge that this was a known issue but I was told that one of their colleagues had come across this.

at the moment they said it appears to be a compatibility between the 2 step phase and Windows 10. It's been passed on to their Dev team for further work.

iCloud on Windows 10 - Verification Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.