Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPhone 4s to turn on?

My iPhone 4s was acting a bit glitchy, like it does sometimes because it's about 2 years old, and so I turned it off with assistive touch. I pressed the home button to go on it a few minutes later and the screen remained black. Siri was talking for awhile but she stopped working a few hours later. I want to be able to get into the phone and access things like my photos and contacts, which I don't believe I backed up on iCloud. I know I should've but I guess I learned the hard way. My lock button does not work so I cannot hook it up to iTunes and put it into recovery mode. The man at my local Apple Store didn't really look at it much and just told me to get an upgrade. Is there any way I can power the phone on and get into it? Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:16 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 2:31 PM in response to asanto481

asanto481 wrote:

My iPhone 4s was acting a bit glitchy, like it does sometimes because it's about 2 years old, and so I turned it off with assistive touch. I pressed the home button to go on it a few minutes later and the screen remained black. Siri was talking for awhile but she stopped working a few hours later. I want to be able to get into the phone and access things like my photos and contacts, which I don't believe I backed up on iCloud. I know I should've but I guess I learned the hard way. My lock button does not work so I cannot hook it up to iTunes and put it into recovery mode. The man at my local Apple Store didn't really look at it much and just told me to get an upgrade. Is there any way I can power the phone on and get into it? Thank you.

No not with a broken lock and home button.

You should've been backing up to icloud or iTunes on a regular basis or at the very least importing pics to your computer. You don't try to do that when you phone no longer works, as you said a lesson learned the hard way.

How do I get my iPhone 4s to turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.