Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch won''t connect to iCloud or Apple Servers? Need to restore?

Ok, so I have a problem I have been trying to fix for months now. My iPod just won;t connect to the internet properly. The time and date has been messed up for ages it is stuck on 1970, I have tried deleting all the time zones on the Clock app and that won't sort it and it is set on the Gregorian calendar so I don't know what's up there. I want to restore it completely because it won't update my Facebook or Twitter apps or anything like that. If I use Safari it will say it can't go on a website but if i click details then trust it does work then, but gives a real simple version of the site. However, the option to trust the site does not come up for anything apple related. I tried to restore my ipod but it says I need to turn off Find my iPod, and to do that I need to type in my password, and when I try this it is unable to connect to the server. I tried doing this from the iCloud website and it says that once my iPod connects to the internet, it will be disabled from Find My iPod. Great. I updated my iPod to the newest iOS, and now my iTunes says that for my iPod to be used, it needs to have an updated version of iTunes, which is stupid because I double checked and yup, my iTunes is the highest update. Also, my Apple ID has been changed to my new e-mail address, so the iCloud email and Apple ID on my iPod is still my old one, but I guess that can be fixed if I can get connected to the server. I tried updating the iPod, resetting the network settings, putting it into iTunes while in recovery mode and restarting the internet. Everything I have tried has not worked. Anything to suggest or am I at the point of throwing it in the bin?

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:05 PM

2 replies

iPod Touch won''t connect to iCloud or Apple Servers? Need to restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.