Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Looks like you're listening on another device"

My iPhone 6 Plus regularly displays the message "looks like you're listening on another device" and pauses the music while I'm playing music through a Definitive Technology bluetooth speaker while connected to wifi at work. The problem also occurs, albeit less frequently, when using AirPlay and AppleTV while connected to my home wifi. The problem happens whether or not the phone is connected to power. Any suggestions for correcting the issue is appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:24 PM

Turn off other devices that are using Bluetooth or Airplay.

4 replies

Oct 13, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you, Lawrence. There are no other bluetooth devices in my office. I checked my bluetooth settings, and D. Cube (the speaker) and "Radio" show up, although "Radio" is "Not Connected." I have no idea what "Radio." It may have been from a rental car I had several weeks ago, but I recall having the issue before and after using the rental car.

"Looks like you're listening on another device"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.