Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

prompt to upgrade to iPhoto to 9.6.1 on my MacBook Pro keeps appearing

I keeping getting an upgrade notice for iPhoto 9.6.1. However, I have Yosemite 10.10.5 with Photos 1.0.1. When I see what happens and click upgrade I'm challenged to sign in with my Apple ID and then get a message saying "temporarily unavailable. Try again later." This has been going on for over 7 months. Any ideas how I can either delete this upgrade notice from the App Store or otherwise resolve this annoyance?

Phil

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:30 PM

If you don't need iPhoto, you can just delete it. If you still have your iPhoto library and want the option to keep using iPhoto, you can then download it again after it is deleted from your mac.

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 4:45 PM in response to RIFerrarr

RIFerrarr - the weird thing is that I no longer have iPhoto at all. I converted to Photos with the Yosemite upgrade some time ago. I still have Aperture (and I'm bummed that Apple discontinued developing it), as well. Yet I get prompted for the iPhoto upgrade. It's not a big deal but it remains sitting in my App Store list of upgrades that I have waiting :-(

Any way to delete that from the software I purchased for the MacBook Pro?

prompt to upgrade to iPhoto to 9.6.1 on my MacBook Pro keeps appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.