Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old versions of ipod touch?

Hello everyone. First of all I am new to this community and apple world.

I want to buy an old ipod touch for just listen to my music, podcasts and use spotify.

If I buy an 3th or 4th gen ipod, can I download and use spotify with or withour jailbreak or something?

I know these models are very old and they have old ios versions but I don't want to spend 600-700 turkish lira for just listening to music ( I live in Turkey and 1 us dollar is 3 turkish lira here, nowadays everything is so expensive here).

Or you can suggest an old-cheap other ipod models for me?

If you give me a think or be helpful to me, I will be grateful.

Thanks 🙂

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:26 PM

You should be able to get Spotify for the 4G and maybe the 3G by:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

That assumes that Spotify is available from our country's App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 5:26 PM in response to ErenTopcu

You should be able to get Spotify for the 4G and maybe the 3G by:

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

That assumes that Spotify is available from our country's App Store.

Old versions of ipod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.