Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD size in Late 2015 Fusion Drive

Is there a spec chart somewhere for the size of the SSD in the various fusion drive configurations in the new late 2015 iMacs?

It appears that they might have changed in this update.

thank you,

ba

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:11 PM

Yes, the 1 TB Fusion drive now has a 24GB SSD which is $100 less than the previous model 1TB Fusion and the 2-3 TB Fusions use 128GB SSDs. The true SSDs are 256 GB, 512 GB & 1TB. This is all published online.

6 replies

Oct 21, 2015 12:21 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I was searching for info on the Fusion drives in the new 21.5" iMacs and got your answer that I am replying to... forgive me, but I am asking you a new question related to the same subject. I am not technically astute, and am generally unfamiliar with these postings, so...

I want the new $1299 21.5" iMac. but was told the stock drive was way to slow (5400)... I should upgrade the $100 for the 1 TB Fusion drive. How much faster or what better performance will I see from this? I am not a heavy user and my present hard drive contains about 100GB for everything. (2008 iMac 10.9.5)

My understanding is the Fusion drive option will be about the same hard drive (??) with a 24GB SSD attached, which will be zippier for whatever will fit into that SSD space, as dictated by the OS? Will the entirety of the OS and most daily things like mail and browser and workday apps all take advantage of this small space benefit and be noticeable? I do not have a ton of data or apps or any real "heavy lifting" to do. It sounds like it may be worthwhile for me to do, but I wanted to verify this with someone in the know first. ;-)

I would also like to know if I would be adding $100 to the tab and not being able to tell the difference! I have read reviews that say one needs the 2 or 3 TB Fusion drives to reap any real benefits, but I think that is intended for those with more needs than I have.

Any info or advice is appreciated.

Thanx ;-)

SSD size in Late 2015 Fusion Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.