Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My created Ringtones disappeared from sounds->ringtones.

I just updated my iPhone from 4S to 6, and ringtones that I had created several years ago did transfer and work fine at first. A day or two later they disappeared from my iPhone 6. They are still in iTunes on my computer, and I was able to sync them with cord back to the phone, but they do not appear under Sounds->Ringtones any more. I can see and play them on iTunes under 'David's iPhone' on my computer, but the version of them on 'David's iPhone' is grayed out.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 4:08 PM

This is Crap! Apple Support tells me that iTunes 12.3 recently released, does not allow anything but 'purchased' ringtones to appear on your phone.

1) Steve Jobs would never allow this. I created this ringtone from the intro to my favorite song.

2) I would pay a buck to get my customized ringtone back on my phone (I have been using it for several years)!

3) Worst slam ever-> What is the difference between Apple and Microsoft now?...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2015 4:08 PM in response to DSwaim

This is Crap! Apple Support tells me that iTunes 12.3 recently released, does not allow anything but 'purchased' ringtones to appear on your phone.

1) Steve Jobs would never allow this. I created this ringtone from the intro to my favorite song.

2) I would pay a buck to get my customized ringtone back on my phone (I have been using it for several years)!

3) Worst slam ever-> What is the difference between Apple and Microsoft now?...

My created Ringtones disappeared from sounds->ringtones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.