Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to add more than 10 people to a group chat

When I start a group chat by starting a text and adding contacts to the "to" section, it only allows me to put in 10. Is there a way I can add more people? Also, when I'm in that chat and I go to details, I can't add or remove people from the chat either (There is no option).

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:18 PM

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

you can only add/remove people from the group if all users have Apple products so it is in imessage.

sounds like you have user who are not iphone users, so you won't be able to remove/add and the set limitation for adding user to a group text is set by your phone carrier, contact them and see what they can do for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 4:18 PM in response to DoubleDIsEdd

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

you can only add/remove people from the group if all users have Apple products so it is in imessage.

sounds like you have user who are not iphone users, so you won't be able to remove/add and the set limitation for adding user to a group text is set by your phone carrier, contact them and see what they can do for you.

I am unable to add more than 10 people to a group chat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.