Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mystery! Lost a final cut project by accidentally pressing a random button. Totally vanished & didn't appear in trash ... :-(

Hi Guys

10,000 points to anyone who can solve this mystery ... on a recent road trip we went over a bump and I accidentally hit a key or two (completely random and unknown). Project goes missing but doesn't appear in trash. It had vanished from the Project Library, although the individual Events were still there. I panic quietly but reassure myself that getting out of the hippy wagon and paying attention would probably solve the issue. This hasn't been the case. I went into the Apple store and spoke to a Final cut guy who couldn't help me.

I've tried to restore it using Time Machine but even when I find a file that looks like it, I'm unable to open it because it's greyed out. (see picture)

User uploaded file

Please help. I'm totally baffled. To complicate matters I'm sure I've seen it pop up in the Project timeline at some point during my travails but then I must have lost it again? It's possible I've actually invented the last situation through wishful thinking.

Many many thanks in advance, if anyone out there is actually a wizard.

x

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:26 PM

6 replies

Oct 15, 2015 10:50 PM in response to Fleurdiz

Fleurdiz wrote:

Anything that I can access in Time Machine regarding this file is greyed out so I can't open it

Al's advice didn't mention TimeMachine but the backups FCPX does on its own automatically .... if we would know your version of FCPX, older vers. didn't have this feature, still unanswered

And concerning the initial problem: you're sure you handled a Project, no MultiCam Timeline or a clips own Timeline...?

<grumpyON>

why do people expect helpers are psychic, or do have a secret access to their machines … 😠

<grumpyOFF>

Mystery! Lost a final cut project by accidentally pressing a random button. Totally vanished & didn't appear in trash ... :-(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.