Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iOS software download when connected to Wifi with limited bandwidth.

Hi

I want to disable iOS Software Downloads while connected to a WiFi device with limited bandwidth.

An iOS update like 9.x resulted in me losing my entire monthly data allowance. !@@##$%^

These iOS Software downloads occur without permission!!

Regards

David

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 12:21 AM

You have a terrible ISP if you only have 2GB of service per month...

I'm sorry it happened, but its done out of convenience for the end-user.

Talk to your provider about it... block your internet connection after midnight?

2 replies

Oct 14, 2015 12:20 AM in response to chattphotos

The ISP is Telstra.

I'm using a USB+Wifi Huawei E8372 Wifi Modem for portable use.

I got the $30 pre-paid package which gives 3GB for 30days. I thought that would be plenty for just checking emails etc while out on a camping trip??

Didn't realise other ISPs provided free mobile data else where. I should go live in that country.

I think the Apple devices should provide some means of switching off auto software downloads. That would be more convenient for end-users like me who live in Australia where mobile wifi is expensive.

Disable iOS software download when connected to Wifi with limited bandwidth.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.