Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s automatically shut down

Hi All,

I just got my iphone 6s last week. And it has happened several times that the phone went dead by itself when it was in locked mode. Even worse, it was not just off, because the only way to turn it on was to hold home and lock keys for 10 sec. It became extremely frustrating when it happened at night, because the alarm would stop working, and could not wake the phone.

It didn't happen when I was using the phone, but when it was locked and sit there by itself.

I have upgraded to the latest iOS.

Any idea of the cause of the issue?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2015 8:46 PM in response to loceanus

I do not know the issue and why it shuts down but to get it to power on press the power button on the side then while holding it down push the home button and the phone will start back up

Mine did it the first time tonight and I have had my Iphone6s since 26th Sept. The solution I found in a blog and worked for me

Nov 21, 2016 7:56 AM in response to loceanus

Hi

There is an iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues.

The program covers iPhone 6s devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

Apple advises that, if you have experienced the issue, you should visit an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorised Service Provider to have your iPhone examined and the serial number checked to confirm your eligibility for a battery replacement, free of charge.

More information and instructions:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

Iphone 6s automatically shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.