Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't resume downloading El Capitan from my progress when disconnected

Having problems downloading El Capitan for days. My connection keeps disconnecting and I keep getting this annoying message, "Failed to download, Use Purchases page to try again". Whenever that happens, I start over instead of resuming where I left off or from my current progress. I was already halfway through the download when it happened again. What do I do? How can I prevent this from happening so I can resume my download from the exact progress it has stopped?

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:32 PM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2015 5:43 AM in response to Louis Litt

I live in a place that gets frequent power cuts and hence this problem, I have NO IDEA why Apple doesn't support resumable downloads in their App Store, all they have to do is add a checksum to check the image at the end to make sure it downloaded fine at the end.

Anyway if you are having trouble with updates in the future, you can download updates by searching in google or another search engine and finding the update for example, what i needed was El Capitan 10.11.1 update which was 1.1gb and twice stopped at 900mb 😠 😠 😠

At the end what i did was download a download manager like "iGetter" http://www.igetter.net/ and then finding the update (not the entire El Capitan) OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 Update

and right clicking the download link and adding it to iGetter which will resume the download despite any interruptions. 🙂

As for 5.5gb whole OS i have learned that i need to torrent it as it gets interrupted too much via normal download.

Can't resume downloading El Capitan from my progress when disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.