Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cellular data not working !!!!!

when i tried cellular data . it work i get 3G singal but internet is not working i tried many sim cards ..
- i'm sure there is credit in my sim card >> and there is strong signal >>

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:24 PM

9 replies

Oct 13, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Mansy5100

I had cellular network connection to 3g/4g issues before.

My case was when i go to:

Settings --> Cellular --> Data Roaming - Toggle off. (Keep the Cellular Data on all the time)

The 3G/4G icon disappear.

When i toggle on the Data Roaming, 3G/4G icon appear instantly. It does not even trying to connect to celluar and search for 3g/4g network, which it usually does. This is weird.

I also notice that the Enable 4G tab no longer allow me to toggle it on or off. This is weird also.

Maybe you could check it out by following above to see whether your case is the same as mine.

Oct 14, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Your phone should working fine in that case.

My phone 3G/4G icon turned on and off when i toggle on and off on the Data Roaming setting. This was weird to me as it didnt make sense to toggle 3G/4G connection on and off through Data Roaming setting (Cellular Data setting is the one to control that).

And my phone Enable 4G setting was no longer able to either toggle on or off. This was weird too.

Because of this weird setting, my phone was not able to connect to 3G/4G network when I was outing. My phone could go online when there was Wi-Fi only. Obviously the setting mess up itself.

I did a 'Reset all Setting' and Restore to bring the phone back to normal. So if mansy5100 is having a similar issue as mine, mansy5100 could try my solution too.

cellular data not working !!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.