Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G iPod Touch won't sync with iTunes 12.3.0.44

Since the last few upgrades to iTunes and iOS, I'm having serious problems syncing my iPod Touch to my iTunes.

Got the latest versions of iOS and OS X on my device and iMac, as well as the latest iTunes.

iPod Touch is set to sync over WiFi. iMac and iPod are both connected by WiFi to an Airport Extreme router which is placed less than 2 feet away from the iMac.

Each time I try to sync the iPod over WiFi, the process aborts after a while with the error message "iPod was disconnected".

So I connected the USB cable and tried to sync my iPod ... and got the error "iPod cannot be found".

The iPod shows up in iTunes ... so these error messages are just incredible.

In other words, syncing isn't working either by WiFi or by USB connection.

This is beyond frustrating.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

The only way I can get it to work is to restart iTunes and power off the iPod - several times, until it eventually syncs up. This is not the way it should work. Not with the latest operating systems.

Suggestions on how to fix this problem are very welcome.

Thanks

User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2, 5G

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:19 PM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2015 1:43 AM in response to David King1

- Reboot the Mac

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Try another cable.

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

5G iPod Touch won't sync with iTunes 12.3.0.44

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.