Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3 won't restore after iOS 9 failure.

Hi my iPad 3 is totally bricked, the update failed for some reason, have been on this a week now and can't even get a genius bar appointment at store, there is a long queue in the shop with people holding their iPhones waiting to be given an appointment. I've got told to try and make an appointment on line but none available . Will keep trying until it dies down a bit but wondered if anyone has a cure

My iPad went black after update failed, have retried numerous times with the same outcome. It says iPad can't be updated and needs to be restored which is fine as it backed up on first attempt. it just refuses to restore. If i leave it for a while and try again it goes through the update and nearly finishes then near the end it disappears from iTunes and i get the apple on the iPad screen, i have to remove usb and press and hold home and sleep button then i get the connect to iTunes screen then when i try again it goes through the motions then stops and says can't restore error message 14 but changes different error each time. I'm not getting the slider problem people have been getting also tried going back to 8.4.1 which is what it was on before, without any joy.

Im on a Mac.

My iPhone 5 updated iOS 9 fine although its now a bit quirky so i am leaving iOS 9.2 incase it blows my phone

Thanks for any help Ronny

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Logic pro x Prismsound Opheus

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Ronny hughes

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Specifically regarding error 14, it says:

Check your USB connections

Errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014. You might also see a message that includes "invalid response."

If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.

To narrow down the issue, try different equipment:

If you still see the error message, check for hardware issues.

iPad 3 won't restore after iOS 9 failure.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.