Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

converting m4p to mp3 not working

Hi, I have several older albums in iTunes that I would like to convert from the AAC/DRM .m4p format to .mp3. I used to have the last-gen 80GB iPod with the round interface but it was stolen so I need to put my music on my current Android phone. I currently have my library on a Windows laptop (and just bought iMatch).

I followed the steps on the Apple support site here:

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

I realize now this mostly dealt with setting my CD import preferences to MP3, but it did lead me to this link:

About iTunes Plus - Apple Support

I purchased the iTunes Match feature for $24.99, then followed the instructions to delete my first test album. I deleted the album from My Music in iTunes and confirmed that the files were removed from the album folder in My Music.

I then did the following steps as per the instructions

6.Click the iTunes Store tab at the top of iTunes.

7. Under Quick Links on the right-hand side of iTunes, click Purchased.

8. Click Music in the upper-right corner of iTunes.

9. Find the song or album you want to upgrade.

10. Click the iCloud Download icon User uploaded file on the song or album to download the new version.

The album then started to download, song by song, but they were downloaded in M4P format again.

I repeated this process again, with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

d.

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:06 PM

2 replies

converting m4p to mp3 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.