Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checkbox question

Hi just a question about checkboxes right heres a pic

User uploaded file

So i know how to make it add them when i tick a box it will add up in the box with 2 in it. But how do i get it so it counts the un ticked ones. Say i have 5 boxes even with 3 ticked and 2 not how do i show it like 3/5 or in pic 2/2

Any help would be great

Thanks

Brendan

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 10:24 AM

assuming column contains the checkboxes

=COUNTIF(C, FALSE)

7 replies

Oct 14, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Thanks very much Wayne. Spot on. Still having problems in other places, it works when i put that what you typed in the same spreadsheet but when i add that to a different sheet it shows a ! triangle. So say you have 2 different sheets, 1 with the tick or un ticked, if i put that wot u typed into a cell in same sheet it add them up ok then i just make another cell with true to tell me how many is ticked and un ticked, but if i try add that same information onto my other sheet in next page it shows that triangle as a problem it doesn't understand. If you get wot i mean by this

Thanks

Brendan

Oct 14, 2015 11:44 AM in response to xxbreyxx

click on the triangle to see the error message. What does it say?

If you are trying to count the number of checkboxes that are not checked on a different table, or sheet, start typing the formula... like this:

"=countif(" leave out the double quotes

then navigate to, and select the range of cells, then type:

", FALSE)" leave out the double quotes

Oct 15, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Your a gentleman Wayne, thank you very much for your help, very nice of you to do that, seems you have solved all my problems atm lol might be needing yr help again sometime but atm it looks good tho am sure it could be done better as still have to type a lot of info in but the parts I've wanted to add up seem like they doing it ok, could be wrong but looks good to me. Could send you it and if you wanted now u don't have to mate but look over it and see if i could make it better or easier to do wot am wanting it to do with less work adding stuff but it also could be doing the job and its something i need to type in every time myself. Hard to explain it maybe easier seeing it. Again you don't have to m8 as you have helped me more than enough and am very greatfull for that.

Thanks again

Brendan

Checkbox question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.