Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 updates on a fresh install?

I have a new install of Windows 7 on my iMac 8,1

The install seemed fine however I can't get the 100's of security updates that come with a fresh install. It continually says "Checking for updates" and does nothing.

Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:39 PM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2015 9:54 AM in response to Loner T

Yes I can. There's two that I don't know where they came from. When I check for updates it just "Checks" forever, it doesn't list any available or download any. If I quit and go back in to check again it says I never checked for any updates.

I've installed Windows 7 on three other Macs and have never had this problem before. Perhaps I should just start over?

I'm sure I have the right BootCamp support files... I just don't know what to try next...

Oct 15, 2015 8:40 PM in response to Loner T

I did try that, it didn't work.

I finally got it to work although i'm not sure what the "fix" actually was. I found a "Repair Tool" in the troubleshoot in Help. It could have done it but I also suspect it may have been the fact the HD was set to sleep at ½hour (default).

I'd pretty much given up, set the HD to never sleep, came back 3-4 hours later and there was 202 security updates ready to install!!! 🙂

Thank you for your suggestions! I hope this can help someone in the future...

Windows 7 updates on a fresh install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.