Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad dead after Apple-suggested "erase all settings and data"

What did I do wrong. I bought a new iPad Air 2 and backed up my previous iPad Air 2 to the iCloud. Then I followed the Apple-site direction on how to get the data from the backed-iup old iPad to the new one: Step 3:

Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”

Did that.

iPad is now dead. No lights, (no wake-up even it I slap it around a bit), no response to "on" button or plugging it in to the iMac mothership or a regular outlet.

The bugger question is probably "Why do thesis things just happen to me?" Some event in a prior life I suppose.

Suggestions?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:48 PM

2 replies

iPad dead after Apple-suggested "erase all settings and data"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.