Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight search on iOS 9 *****! not working no search result found.

Problem:

I am facing problem with the new Spotlight search on iOS 9.0.2 on iPhone 6.

I have turned off the search for every app, except CONTACTS app.

Most of the time, it doesn't shows up some contacts in the spotlight search but they are suppose to be present in the Contacts app.

I have to manually go to Contacts app, and then look for the contact. When that's done, then I am able to find the contact in Spotlight search.

This works for some time, then again, after few days the Issues arises again. This is not especially with any Contact, it happens to any Random Contact.

Basically, The Issue is.

The Contacts present in Contacts App, Spotlight search doesn't shows them every time. It's a Bug.

Troubleshooting Steps (Tried):

1. Re-installed iOS 9.0.2 (latest) version.
  2. Switched Contacts from iCloud to Gmail.
  3. Also added them locally on iPhone.
  4. I have no Contacts in Groups.

" NO SOLUTION yet. Please someone HELP! "

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2, null

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 8:47 PM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2016 7:15 PM in response to mlcindia

I had the same problem for weeks but eventually found a solution here: http://www.tenorshare.com/ios-9/ios-9-spotlight-search-not-working-properly-blan k-search-results-how-to-fix.html Solution#1 didn't work for me but Solution#2 worked perfectly. Basically, in this case you need to switch the preferred language in Settings>General>Language & Region>iPhone Language I set first to English (U.K.) and then back to English (U.S.). There might be a quicker way to get his result but now my contacts are showing up in Spotlight Search. Good luck everyone....

Spotlight search on iOS 9 *****! not working no search result found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.