Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XDCam import by PDW U1 on OSX 10.11 EL Capitan not work!!!

Hi,

I have big problem with import XDCam (*.mxf) files to FCPX after upgrade to OSX 10.11. Driver for PDW U1 or U2 not work. I have the latest driver, firmware of PDW U1. Content browser is the latest version 2.2.4.

Have anybody some message from Sony support about update of driver, please?!

Thank You

Karel

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 64 GB

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 3:29 AM

11 replies

Oct 22, 2015 1:18 AM in response to chrisfimler

tengo el mismo problema desde que instale el capitan, con la actualizacion de hoy al 10.11.1 he conseguido reinstalar el xdcam fan drive pero aun asi al insertar el disco me dice que el ordenador no lo lee y al darle a inizializar no hace nada

imagino que sera cuestion de que sony actualize sus controladores ya que el xdcam fan drive solo esta disponible para 10.10

si alguien tiene alguna alguna idea de como solucionarlo ruego lo comuniquen

Oct 27, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Karel Hurych

I have exactly the same problem the only thing I can recommend is go to the Sony Micro site pro.sony.com and look on a regular basis to see if there are any updates. Hopefully Sony will rectify the problem soon. All it is is a driver software issue as El Capitan recognises there is a disk but wants to format it 😟 and the XDCAM disk icon is not to be seen on the desktop. On another note Adobe Premiere has the same issue as I use Final Cut Pro X and Premiere so I'm unable to transfer any files without having to go through a monitor with a built in hard drive like ATMOS SAMURAI etc but your camera has to have SDI out to import the vision into the monitor.

May 6, 2016 3:25 AM in response to Karel Hurych

The New Sony driver v5.0.4 is for U1 and U2 drives only. If you want to use you PDW-700 or 800 camcorder you will need to manually copy some files.

Follow the below steps and hopefully problem solved! This worked for me and my colleagues. Note - Do this at your own risk. Also: System Integrity protection on the Mac is there for a reason - so you don't stuff up system folders. be careful when working in system folders!

Feel free to provide any feedback or ask any questions. I will help if I can.

Problem: XDCAM disks fail to mount after upgrading to Mac OS 10.11

These instructions assume you have upgraded to Mac OS 10.11 el Capitan from a previous version of Mac OS, and that it worked before the upgrade.

Install the latest version of the U1/U2 Utility which is actually made for el Capitan. Find it here:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/xdcamdrive#download

If you only ever use a Sony U1 or U2 drive (ie. you never connect to the camera via Firewire) then that is all you need to do. Forget about the rest.

If you don’t have a U1 or U2 disk drive and so need to connect your Mac to your XDCAM Camera via Firewire you must also do the following:

1. Reboot your Mac into Recovery Mode, by holding Alt-R when you hear the startup tone.
  2. Once in Recovery Mode, go to Utilities => Terminal
  3. In Terminal enter the command: “csrutil disable”. You will see a message saying you have disabled System Integrity Protection.
  4. Restart your Mac as normal.
  5. After the restart copy the following files. Note that some of them may not actually be on your system, depending on your setup:
  • pdudf.fs and pdudfr.fs and prodisc.fs
  • from: MacintoshHD/Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-xxxxx/QuarantineRoot/Syst em/Library/FileSystems/

to: MacintoshHD/System/Library/FileSystems/

• mount_pdudf and mount_prodiscfs
  • from: MacintoshHD/Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-xxxxx/QuarantineRoot/sbin/

to: In the top menu bar, with the Finder open, click

Go = > Go To Folder…

• Type: “/sbin”
          • Copy the two files into the folder that opens (note: if you have not successfully disabled System Integrity Protection at step 3 then Mac OS will not allow this)

6. Restart your computer in Recovery Mode (hold Alt-R at the tone)

7. Go to Utilities => Terminal

8. Enter the command: “csrutil enable”. The message will say you have enabled System Integrity Protection.

9. Restart your Mac as normal and your Mac should now be able to read XDCAM discs via Firewire connected to the PDW-700/800 or U1/U2 disk drive.

Do this at your own risk. No warranty is expressed or implied. It worked for me and for others but if it doesn’t work for you or you brick your computer, sorry I can’t help you.

If you have a fresh installation of el Capitan on a brand new Mac it might be more difficult to get hold of the file system files from step 6. I don’t know, I’ve not had the opportunity to try it.

XDCam import by PDW U1 on OSX 10.11 EL Capitan not work!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.