Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checklist in Notes disappearing

I have more then 50 lines of text in one note in iOS9 Notes app. With new abbility in iOS9 I turned that list into Checklist. That added little circle in front of every line of text which I can check or uncheck. I checked most of the list but every time I reopen it some checkboxes are missing. There are blank spaces in front of that lines indicating it's formating but no circle or checkmark is visible. When I tap the blank space circle appeares and line checks or unchecks depending it's previous state.

As I use this checklist to follow payments on the go, it's really inconvenient for me not knowing which client payed and which did not.

Does anyone have the same problem?

iPhone 5s

iOS 9.0.2

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 12:14 PM

I have this same problem too. I use this feature to keep track of my homework for my college classes and when things disappear it is very frustrating.

iPhone 6s

iOS 9.0.2

10 replies

Feb 6, 2016 12:55 PM in response to Filip Filipović

Still hasn't been fixed.

I've noticed that this occurs with longer lists. Also, if I only the edit the list on one device, the bug doesn't occur as often. But if I edit it on my Mac, then open it on my iPhone, many of the checkboxes do not appear. Sometimes if I check boxes off, then close the Notes app, then reopen it, the checkboxes have disappeared.

The checkboxes usually show on my Mac, regardless of list size.

Checklist in Notes disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.