Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pair remote to iMac,el capitan

Since updating,in preferences,general,advanced,neither in drop down window or open window does pair,unpair, appear.

iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.7.4), have tried restarting iMac and iPod

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 12:33 PM

16 replies

Oct 14, 2015 12:43 PM in response to bob1a

Which iMac do you have, what version of OS X is it running and finally what kind of remote are you attempting to pair to your computer? Please answer all 3 questions.

Paring is a term usually used by Blue Tooth devices, is your remote a Blue Tooth device and is it designed to work with the version of OS X you have installed on your machine?

Oct 22, 2015 8:52 PM in response to bob1a

bob1a wrote:

I have OS X EL CAPITAN, 27"" mid 2011, and the remote is Apple remote for iTunes etc.

Checkout the information on http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/pair-disable-macs-ir-remote-receiver-os-x-mavericks/

I verified that it works even on 10.11.

1. System Preferences

2. Security and Privacy control panel

3. Click the lock and enter password

4. Click the advanced button

User uploaded file

Nov 2, 2015 2:48 PM in response to bob1a

I found this on the web

"During the various upgrades since Lion a kernel extension from Remote Buddy was still active in /System/Library/Extensions subdirectory.I removed RBIOKithelper.kext, restarted and, hey presto!, the remote is now working and it's disable option is now back where it should be."

pair remote to iMac,el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.