Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Ad Size Issue

Hi

I'm new to I-Ad producer and I'm currently experiencing issues with the sizing of the I-Ads on a iphone 5s.

The device I'm using is a iphone 5s, with iOS 9.0.2, while the I-Ad producer I'm using is version 5.0.2 (5225).

I've designed an I-ad in the page size in Iphone retina (2x) 4 inch, which should be the correct size for my device.

I've tried multiple methods of testing the I-ad on my device.

The ad contains a small banner which leads to a splash page and then 3 other normal pages.

1) Through the itunes file sharing method, I've compressed the exported I-Ad into a zip file and transferred it through the I-Ad tester app onto my phone.

However when I view the project, I can only see the small banner working fine. When I tap the small banner so that I can access the splash page, nothing happens. Even when I connect my device to the computer and preview through the "preview in device" option in I-Ad I still encounter this issue. All that shows in the web inspector window is the small banner as well.

I've abandoned this method to view my file project as I can't access the full ad, though it would be great if this issue was solved.

2) The second method I'm using currently to view I-Ads is through uploading to the sandbox. Once I get the email to view the project I click it and can see the small banner working perfectly fine in the I-Ad tester app. However once I tap it and the splash page appears, the I-Ad page doesn't fill the page, as seen in the attached image. Also despite ticking the box under the page properties "Wait for page to appear actions to finish", the splash page just appears as a whole squeezed to the top left corner. Then it fades and page 2 appears, which doesn't fill the screen in the beginning but does later. However the third page reverts back to being squeezed and doesn't fill up the screen at all.

Timeline

Banner - Splash Page - Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3

Ok Squeezed into the corner Fills up more of the Small gaps from Reverts back to having gaps

doesn't fill up the page then page than the Splash page between screen & page between the page & the edge

fades onto page 1 however still has gaps from design but eventually of the screen.

meeting full screen fills up the screen in the end.

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 4:12 PM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2015 4:49 PM in response to Monkae

Sorry I can't seem to edit my original post before it saved without me filling everything in.

Here is the proper post, please reply this instead.

I'm new to I-Ad producer and I'm currently experiencing issues with the sizing of the I-Ads on a iphone 5s.

The device I'm using is a iphone 5s, with iOS 9.0.2, while the I-Ad producer I'm using is version 5.0.2 (5225).

I used one of the iphone blueprint templates in I-Ad producer as a base, while deleting the other objects & pages I don't need.

I've designed an I-ad in the page size in Iphone retina (2x) 4 inch, which should be the correct size for my device.

I've tried multiple methods of testing the I-ad on my device, however they never show full screen on my device.

The ad contains a small banner which leads to a splash page and then 3 other normal pages.

I've attached a image of what my I-ad tester app sees on my device, further down the page. The gray sections are the areas which the I-Ad page doesn't' fill up.

1) Through the itunes file sharing method, I've compressed the exported I-Ad into a zip file and transferred it through the I-Ad tester app onto my phone.

However when I view the project, I can only see the small banner working fine. When I tap the small banner so that I can access the splash page, nothing happens. Even when I connect my device to the computer and preview through the "preview in device" option in I-Ad I still encounter this issue. All that shows in the web inspector window is the small banner as well.

I've abandoned this method to view my file project as I can't access the full ad, though it would be great if this issue was solved.

2) The second method I'm using currently to view I-Ads is through uploading to the sandbox. Once I get the email to view the project I click it and can see the small banner working perfectly fine in the I-Ad tester app. However once I tap it and the splash page appears, the I-Ad page doesn't fill the page, as seen in the attached image. Also despite ticking the box under the page properties "Wait for page to appear actions to finish", the splash page just appears as a whole squeezed to the top left corner then fades onto the next page.

Tmeline

1) Small Banner

Appears good & correct size.

2) Splash Page

Squeezed into the top left corner, doesn't fill up the screen, designed actions don't even happen and the page quickly disappears onto the next.

3) Page 1

Page is squeezed to the top left corner as well, but appears slightly larger than the Splash page on screen. Then fades onto Page 2.

4) Page 2

Again slightly larger than Page 1, it then fills up the screen and stays that way until fading to next page.

5) Page 3

The page reverts back to not fitting the full screen.

Note: The actions all work fine on the three pages. It's just the splash page which doesn't show the actions I've put in. In the image attached which is the splash page, I've added the action to make Tahiti slide in from the right. This doesn't show at all when the splash page appears, as it will fade onto the next page.

I've designed the project on other iphone sizes, but all of them show the same result so I thought doing it on the retina 4 inch should be the correct sizing to work. This is definitely an image related issue, but no matter how I resize the image, the pages don't fil up the screen.

Would greatly appreciate any help offered.

User uploaded file

I-Ad Size Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.