Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to choose from options of words in dictation

When I am using dictation, most of the things work fine, but when I say certain words, list of options pop up. Is there any way that I can choose from the words using my dictation also? So far, I've gotten as far as saying "move down" and then it'll highlight one of the words, and I've tried "Select that" "Enter" "Yes" but none of it seems to "select" the word that I want to use from the list, so I would have to manually click it. Is there a command that allows me to "select" from the wordchoice using my dictation command?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 3:50 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 3:50 AM in response to jysk39

For a list of commands, speak “Show Commands.”

To add custom voice commands, visit System Preferences : Accessibility : Dictation : Dictation Commands. By clicking the + symbol, you can add your own custom User command and action.

For instance, I can name a command “lowercase nancy” and tell it to perform Paste Text using the letter ‘n’ without single quotes. When I speak that command, a lower case n is inserted. Without this special command, the best that dictation will do is insert a capitalized ‘M’.

How to choose from options of words in dictation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.