Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not downloading or updating iPhone 6s iOS9.0.2

I restored from an iTunes backup to a new iPhone 6s, however every day am unable to download apps and updates without a reset (home and lock button). When I click get or update the circle starts spinning but never gets to the stop button and instead goes back to the get it update button. Is this a full restore job or is there another solution (I don't really want to have to reset my phone every day!)

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 12:04 AM

90 replies

Feb 21, 2017 12:44 PM in response to turnipeater

I had the same issue and this is what worked for me. I followed a link on another reply to this chain

Change the Date and try to download app

Navigate to Settings ->Genera -l>Date and Time ->Set Automatically ->Off and set the date one year ahead.

Now try to download app. If you get the error again, go back to the settings and set the right date.

(set automatically). Then try to download the app gain.

Oct 15, 2015 12:13 AM in response to turnipeater

I'm having a similar problem. Trying to update the three apps that show there are updates available. The wheel turns for a few seconds and then it goes back to the 'Update' box.

I tried deleting one of the apps and reinstalling it, but when I tap on the cloud with the down arrow in the App Store, it does the same thing - the wheel spins a bit and then it goes back to the cloud icon.

Problem with the iTunes/App Store server today?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Oct 15, 2015 12:31 AM in response to turnipeater

Hi! Apple has some problems with iTunes and App Store. If you face problems, wait a bit and try updating your apps a bit later.

Take a look at Apple's system status page, it reflects the condition of all Apple services:

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

You will find more information about the issue here:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/10/13/apples-itunes-store-app-store-hit-by-s econd-outage-in-two-days

Apps not downloading or updating iPhone 6s iOS9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.