Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is Swiftfist in applications?

Something called Swissfist has appeared in my applications. What is it? Should I delete it? If so, how?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 10:01 PM

You uninstall like any app, drag it to the Trash!

13 replies

Oct 15, 2015 6:31 PM in response to mrlprl

Thanks mrlprl. Sorry, it was correctly SwissFist.

These are of the annoying malware genre and I am beginning to wonder if iMac security is as good as it has been in the past (I go back to very early Mac models and this is the first time anything of this nature has sneaked in, in my experience).

I hope the forthcoming OS X update improves matters.

Dec 7, 2015 4:09 AM in response to bryanfromdunedin

I had this, and then saw something like 4 other malware items as well. It was very hard to get rid of them, and they reset my default browser default selection each of the several times I uninstalled each one. Then when I went to empty my trash, each one said I couldnt delete them because they were in use. I'd like to know how to avoid this in the future.

Dec 7, 2015 4:11 AM in response to bryanfromdunedin

I had this, and then saw something like 4 other malware items as well. It was very hard to get rid of them, and they reset my default browser default selection each of the several times I uninstalled each one. Then when I went to empty my trash, each one said I couldnt delete them because they were in use. I'd like to know how to avoid this in the future.

May 1, 2016 2:41 PM in response to bryanfromdunedin

At least some third party website mentioned to run

~/Library/LaunchAgents

from the finder. Found all kinds of malware mac is impotent to prevent. Mac is reaching new lows. What a pathetic company. First off to let random people post on tech without validation that THEY aren't also posting malware. Ridiculous. Bye bye Apple was nice while you gave a ****.

what is Swiftfist in applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.