Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was able to create the multiple USB aggregate device and to select it as my input device in Logic X. How do I get the aggregate to show up in the output device list so that I can select it?

I was able to create the multiple USB aggregate device and to select it as my input device in Logic X. How do I get the aggregate to show up in the output device list so that I can select it?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Logic Pro X 10.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 7:38 AM

12 replies

Oct 15, 2015 9:38 AM in response to AWMusician

You select the Aggregate in your Output Device menu in Logic's Preferences➤Audio the same way you select the Input Device. All the combined output channels of the Aggregate Device will then be available as output channels to choose from on the Channel Strips Output Buttons.

Please keep in mind that you can route to only one channel at a time. If you want to sen the output signal to the output s of all the aggregated devices, then you should choose the "Multi-Output" Device. You can chosen aggregate device as the Input Device and a Multi-OUtput device as the Output Device in Logic.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Oct 15, 2015 10:47 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Thank you for responding. I'm just not there yet to really understand outside of having a list of exact steps to follow. Let me explain what I'm trying to do. I want to use my usb Apogee Mic and my audio interface mini condenser mic to record at the same time. Both the MiC and the Behringer x1204usb interface are connected to my iMac through usb ports. I was able to follow the instructions to create the aggregate device where I selected the x1204 interface as input 1,2 and the MiC as input 3. When I go into my Logic X Audio->Device settings, I see where I can select the aggregate for my input device. My newly created aggregate doesn't show up in the output device unless I modify the aggregate to also use the 'USB Audio CODEC' that has the 2 outs. Even with that 3rd addition to my aggregate, both microphones aren't receiving input. What should I do?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Oct 15, 2015 11:01 AM in response to Pancenter

...but the aggregate should show up on the output devices list too, since it clearly has outputs. I'd say that's a bug worthy of reporting:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

...having said that, selecting the USB codec as output is technically the exact same config as using the agg (if it appeared) as output. So on second thought, this may be by design, and not a bug.

Oct 15, 2015 12:00 PM in response to AWMusician

Looking at your AMS configuration, you aggregate only two devices. The Behringer and an the Mic both have inputs so they are combined and show up as virtual device. However, the MiC doesn't have any outputs, so you don't actually aggregate the output side. My guess is that Logic only shows the Aggregate Device if it actually combines the channels from more than one device (for inputs and outputs separately).

Oct 17, 2015 7:08 AM in response to Pancenter

I don't think you read or understand my full comment. Of course I'm curious which is why I've been experimenting with this on my own for over a week now when I already have plenty of much easier ways that I already use to record my own music in my own home studio that I built on my own from scratch. No hard feelings though from me to you since you had no way of knowing that I've already spent hours researching on the internet and have tried absolutely EVERYTHING on the subject. This is just a self-initiated exercise that I'm sending myself through because I have a serious quest for knowledge. After this response, I don't expect to hear from you again. Have a blessed day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.