Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Because the data restriction Phones (Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Use of Mobile Data -> Do Not Allow Changes) does not preclude applications to be disabled in Settings -> Phone -> Use Cellular Data to) the iPhone 6 - IOS 9.0.2

Because the data restriction Phones (Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Use of Mobile Data -> Do Not Allow Changes) does not preclude applications to be disabled in Settings -> Phone -> Use Cellular Data to) the iPhone 6 - IOS 9.0.2

Even activating the restrictions in the Settings -> Mobile. When activated 3G or 4G service, the applications listed below are available for changes, which would not be possible since restrictions on the use of mobile data is enabled.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 6:39 AM

12 replies

Oct 16, 2015 4:58 AM in response to brenden dv

I turn on Restrictions in my Iphone 6, IOS 9.0.2, to can prevent changes in access to specific apps and features, in specific case, Cellular data use.

IN: Settings > General > Restrictions > Cellular data use > disallow changes

But, when i access Settings > Cellular, turn on Cellular Data (3G or 4G), cellular data usage for app should not allow changes.

This setting prevents for example that the App FIND (Find Iphone) stop using the cellular data if someone steals my smartphone.

However, after upgrading to iOS 9.0.2, enable restrictions does not prevent anyone without the password restrictions Knowledge change the use of Cellular data for Apps.

Oct 20, 2015 2:49 PM in response to peterhabraga

Hi peterhabraga,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We were able to replicate locally the behavior you were describing; it is certainly odd. While we look into it, it appears that after playing with it for a while, if you turn on the Cellular data Restriction (disallow changes), go to Cellular settings and set the individual app settings (as shown in your image), then turn off and on the overall Cellular data toggle at the top of the same screen, the Restriction will then take effect and the individual app Cellular data toggles will grey out. You may want to see if the same thing happens on your device.

Cellular settings - iPhone

Regards

Nov 30, 2015 7:22 PM in response to brenden dv

i agree. This only works until you exit screen. Once you go back into settings, they can be changed again. This HAS to get fixed. This is one of the reasons why I got my son an iPhone because I could control what cellular data he was using. With the restrictions not working, he keeps turning the data on for all the games and music and is running my data bill up.

Dec 13, 2015 1:33 PM in response to peterhabraga

Everyone,

If you notice... Apple is not responding to this.

They are basically being strong armed by the carriers to disable this functionality. This is NOT a bug. This is by design.

The carriers don't want yours and my ability to be able to limit our childrens/employees cellular usage. With that ability, they take a HUGE hit in not being able to collect overage charges. Not good for them... Horrible for us.

This is called GREED.

Same way Microsoft carefully ripped out the "family timer" functionality on the Xbox One.

Plenty of tools to FILTER what our children have access to... NO controls to limit their usage.

Cellular carriers are a joke, and they're basically insulting our intelligence on how blatant they are in forcing us onto their networks.

I'll bet a million bucks in IOS 10 you WON'T EVEN SEE THESE OPTIONS ANYMORE!!!

Welcome to being controlled.

SCARY STUFF!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.