Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting the Latest Podcast

I subscribe to 6 different podcasts.

With 2 of them, the new episodes are automatically downloaded.

With the other 4, they are not and I have to get them myself.

It never used to be this way - all podcasts would automatically download at one time but in the last couple of months only 2 behave as they should.

Is there something I could tweak to make all podcasts download their latest episodes?

Cheers, John

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 6:39 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 12:37 PM in response to ttibsen

Hi John.

I had a similar or maybe the same problem and could solve it. Try this (on a computer, not iPhone or iPad; the following description wouldn't be useful): In iTunes click the podcast-icon (the sign with the two circles, right under the main play button). Then, in the middle under the apple logo (or indication of the presently played music), choose "playlists". In the list of the podcasts, choose a podcast that does not update. On the right side you may see a text saying something like, "The updating of the podcast was stopped by another device"? If so, choose the button saying something like "Re-establish updating". After that, click the button saying something like "More information" and choose whatever you like. Then click the ...-icon besides the title of the podcast, top of the window. Click the refresh-button or icon. Now it should work again.

Erich

See also

Re: iTunes 12 Won't Let Me Subscribe to Some Podcasts

Getting the Latest Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.