Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive non responsive/not working/works then stops

I recently updated to El Capitan.. i went to use my superdrive for the first time since that update and its nothing but a headache, i had to reboot my computer twice to get the drive to be recognized, it let me burn a number of cds, then dissapeared and stopped working.. i rebooted again, again it let me use it and burn a couple more cds.. then dissapeared/stoped working.. again. Now there is a disk in it, it wont do anything, its not spinning, not showing the cd on the desktop, ive restarted the computer 4 times, did all the things mentioned to do , to reset things.. no change.. Im at my wits end and in tears cause i need to use this drive .. when i check the system settings, etc it shows the drive.. but i cant do anything with it.. and my disk is stuck in it.. its not even spinning.. PLEASE HELP ME>>

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 11:36 AM

2 replies

Superdrive non responsive/not working/works then stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.